Smoothie recipes are a dime a dozen these days, and there are so many ways to get creative and healthy with a blender. But if you’re anything like us, you tend to stick to familiar fruits and vegetables instead of branching out with new ingredients. Each ingredient you put in your smoothie should have a specific health benefit, and if it doesn’t, then skip it.
Green smoothies may look intimidating and not so appetizing, but these are actually super-charged meals in themselves. Hardworking challengers need plenty of protein to get through the day and fuel their workouts. And the best way for athletes and bodybuilders to get the protein their bodies need while training is through a healthy combination of food and supplements.
To try something new and really power up your workouts, here is our Ultimate Green Protein Smoothie recipe. Forget food cravings or worrying about your nutrient needs.
With fruits, vegetables, and Challenger Nutrition Whey Protein Powder, this concoction takes the idea of smoothies to a whole new level. Also, this recipe yields a large enough amount of smoothie to replace a whole meal, so it’s great for eating on-the-go when you have a busy schedule.
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 cup baby spinach, de-stemmed
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup mango, chopped
- 4 tbsp. Challenger Nutrition Whey Protein Powder, flavor of your choice
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves
- Ice cubes as needed
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients are a smooth consistency.
- Add a small amount of water if the consistency is too thick.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Recipe yields approximately 3 cups of smoothie.