No athlete or bodybuilder can live on meat and potatoes alone. Fruit is an essential part of any fitness buff’s diet, and there are so many healthy fruits to choose from when you’re training.
Some the best fruits for bodybuilding include mangoes, guava, pineapple, bananas, and berries of all kinds. For morning fruit, choose bananas and oranges, and for your pre-workout snack, grapes or strawberries are great picks. Then load up on cantaloupe and cherries after your workout to refuel and recover. Apples are a great snack any time of the day, and since they contain polyphenols, they assist the body in fat loss and increasing strength. Who knew that fruit had so much power?
To help you get more fruitinto your diet, and apples in particular, we came up with this Powered-Up Fruit Dip recipe. Not only will you get the health benefits of the fruit, but also an extra protein boost for your morning meal, pre-workout snack, or post-workout meal.
Lots of fruit dips contain cream cheese, but hardworking athletes don’t have time for fatty, unhealthy foods like that. Instead, this recipe has a Greek yogurt base and gets its power from Challenger Nutrition Whey Protein, Whey Isolate, or The Pump Xtreme Pre-Workout – your choice!
- 1 5.3-oz container Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. cashew butter
- 1 scoop of your favorite Challenger powder (fruit flavorstaste great with this recipe!)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Add all ingredients together except for honey in a bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Drizzle pure honey on top of the mixture.
- Dip apples into the mixture and enjoy!
- This recipe also works as a sweet vegetable dip with celery and cucumbers.