Day in and day out, lots of us get into a breakfast rut. We eat the same old boring oatmeal, cereal, and smoothies without putting a second though into it. Maybe you don’t have time to cook every morning before rushing out the door for work or school, but on weekend mornings, why not switch things up a bit?
It’s easy to flip pancakes, but crepes take breakfast to a whole new level. Many people are intimidated by making crepes or think it’ll take too long, but they’re actually really easy and versatile. That’s because you can fill crepes with whatever you like – almond butter, berries, or even chocolate for a sweet treat.
A good batch of crepes relies upon a great non-stick pan, so pick up one if yours has seen better days. It’s also important to heat your pan before pouring the ingredients onto it, and only after coating the pan to prevent sticking and burning. Coconut oil is a great product for greasing a pan that and an alternative to butter.
So here’s our recipe for Protein-Packed Breakfast Crepes. Head to the store this weekend to pick up the ingredients and make a few extra to share with the family. The extra protein boost will set everyone’s weekend off on the right foot!
- 1 cup egg whites
- ½ cup sliced banana
- ½ cup Challenger Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Almond butter (for filling)
- Add all ingredients into a food processor.
- Heat your non-stick pan on the stove with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Then pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Spread the batter around the pan with a spatula.
- Once bubbles form, flip the crepe and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Remove crepe from the pan with a spatula and cook the remaining batter.
- Fill warm crepes with almond butter for an extra protein boost and enjoy!