It’s impossible to have a healthy day if you don’t get off to a healthy start. Although it might be tempting to reach for that sugary cereal or fat-filled pastry as you run out the door in the morning, breakfast really is a crucial to your day’s success.
Pancakes often have a reputation of being comfort food, but no one ever said that comfort food can’t be healthy…especially when it’s packed with protein!
Protein powder pancakes make an excellent breakfast choice because they’re filling, satisfying, and will help fuel your workouts. Protein pancakes come in many different forms, but some of our favorites have fresh fruit and a savory flavor that’ll satisfy any sweet tooth.
In our Protein-Packed Banana & Coconut Pancakes recipes, this high protein pancake mix utilizes Challenger Nutrition’s delicious and concentrated 100% Whey Protein nutrition supplement. It packs in 11 grams of protein per serving and makes about eight pancakes, depending on their size. Try whipping up a few this week to switch up your morning routine!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 scoops Challenger Nutrition 100% Whey Protein
- 6 whole eggs, plus 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 whole banana, ½ mashed and ½ sliced
- Sugar-free maple syrup, to drizzle on top
- Preheat a flat skillet on the stove top and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix eggs, coconut flakes, and half of your mashed banana.
- Melt coconut oil on the stove or in the microwave. Then add to mix in the bowl.
- Stir in Challenger Nutrition protein powder.
- Add a dash or two of cinnamon.
- Pour mixture on skillet and cook a couple minutes on each side or until brown.
- When pancakes are done, put the ½ sliced banana on top of them and drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup.
- Enjoy, let them settle for a while, and hit the gym!